Inner child and imagination

For my final project I am interested in learning more about our inner child and imagination. Based on our parenting and society’s teachings I believe we play an important role in children’s development of spirituality and how much they have spiritually evolved over time. From personal experience, I understand that nurturing children’s creativity helps children to realize their creative powers and maximize their creative potential. I also understand that by the processes of socialization, children learn ideas and behaviors that do not allow them to freely express themselves or at least in healthy ways. I plan to identify basic spiritual needs in children and how we can plan to fulfill their needs through educational activities and programs. Since most children grow up within the education system, there is a demand for new and improved structures such as in the way that we assess children. It begs to question, what is now the quality and standard for learning? Are children being assessed on how well they memorize material? Or are they being assessed on their ability to be curious? In particular, the educational outcome of Black and brown children proves to be an achievement gap between Black and brown children and their white counterparts. Further, the school to prison pipeline is due to the racial discipline gap. Black and brown children are being driven out of schools when they show concern for health and safety. Instead children should be learning essential life skills including having emotional intelligence and how to navigate difficult feelings and situations.