- B.A., Washington University, St. Louis
- Ph.D., California Institute of Technology
Selected Honors and Awards
- American Chemical Society PMSE Young Investigator Award, 2017
- Research Corporation Cottrell Scholar, 2015
- National Science Foundation CAREER award, 2015
Jeff was born and raised in Las Cruces, NM. He attended Washington University in St. Louis, where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry with a minor in English. After a short stint in the biomedical engineering industry, Jeff obtained his Ph. D. in Inorganic Chemistry from the California Institute of Technology under the guidance of Prof. John E. Bercaw. He then completed his training with a postdoctoral position in Organic Chemistry in the laboratory of Prof. Timothy F. Jamison at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Jeff started his independent career at Boston College in the summer of 2011, where he is currently an Associate Professor of Chemistry. In addition to his passion for chemistry, Jeff enjoys classic literature and film, is an avid sports fan, and enjoys spending time outdoors.