U.S. Catholic Organizational Resources
- New Ways Ministry: “Founded in 1977, New Ways Ministry educates and advocates for justice and equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Catholics, and for reconciliation within the larger church and civil communities.”
- Dignity USA: “DignityUSA works for respect and justice for people of all sexual orientations, genders, and gender identities—especially gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender persons—in the Catholic Church and the world through education, advocacy, and support.”
- Fortunate Families: “Fortunate Families, a Catholic Family, Friends & Allies Ministry, supports LGBTQ+ sisters and brothers by facilitating respectful conversation with bishops, pastors and Church leadership, through sharing personal stories and by working to establish intentional Catholic LGBTQ+ Ministry Sites in dioceses, parishes, educational institutions, and communities. Through accompaniment and bridge-building we seek to celebrate and safeguard the dignity of LGBTQ+ children of God.”
- Vine and Fig: “With a fully inclusive and affirming view of the LGBTQ+ community, we hope to inspire other Queer Catholics to more fully embrace the abundant life promised by Jesus, and witnessed in the lives of the saints, through embracing our God-given spirituality and sexuality, that our fruitfulness may be a witness to the worldwide Church.”
U.S. Catholic Media Resources
- The Tabard Inn (podcast): A podcast on modern Catholic life covering a range of topics, from prayer to LGBTQ concerns, by the co-founders of Vine & Fig
- De Pueblo, Católico, y Gay (podcast): Carving out a space for Spanish speaking LGBTQ Catholics in the U.S., Mexico, and Central America. Each episode features an interview with an LGBTQ Catholic, with gripping stories of journeys out of queer-phobia.
- The Gay Catholic (blog): A nascent venture in gathering the stories of LGBTQ Catholics and straight-identifying allies. This social media and blog seek to humanize matters of LGBTQ belonging.
International Catholic Organizational Resources
U.S. Non-Catholic Resources