Compañía Pilgrimage

On Day 2, we were asked to share our hopes and fears for the journey, and one that immediately came to mind was that I desperately hoped to reconcile my strong faith in God with the things in Christianity that I struggle to believe in and fear that I would never be able to settle that conflict. In the end, I did not settle that conflict, but I experienced a more powerful connection to God and purpose through the footsteps of Ignatius and the conversations I had with others on the pilgrimage. I left that trip with a fuller and richer appreciation of my faith. Along the way, I was introduced to figures who knew and or were influenced by Ignatius, like the Women of Ignatius who played an integral role in his journey and learning their stories reinforced the goodness and impact of Ignatius’s work and purpose. Besides the amazing food on this journey, my most memorable experience was at Montserrat, where in the stillness of the early morning, I experienced clarity and calm like no other. There I found purpose and a fire to do my part in furthering the Ignatian mission.