Welcome to the Predictive Learning Lab at Boston College! Under Dr. Jeffrey Lamoureux, the lab investigates human learning of predictive relationships, and how contextual cues related to the learning experience control later behavior.
What we are interested in:
- Fundamental abilities of people to figure out correlations of events in their environments
- Conditions under which people tend to base their behavior on the context in which they are tested
- The effects of ‘unlearning’ or extinguishing a previously-learned predictive rule on learning, memory, and attention
What we do:
Conduct experiments with human participants in which they learn predictive relationships between elements of videogames
How to Participate in Our Research
Need more credits for a Psychology class? Or, do you simply want to make some cash helping fellow students and professors in their research?
Sign up through SONA for Video Game Learning or Star Wars!
- Video Game Learning
- Receive $5 cash or research credit for playing a video game
- 30 min study; 0.5 research credit or $5
- Star Wars
- Play our brand new sci-fi video game and receive research credit
- (1 hour study; 1 research credit)